Monday, March 31, 2008

we're so hawt

ok its taken me awhile to get this together.... BUT



Hawt and Sour Stir Fry with noodles.

being the chump that I am I dont have a picture of this dish for two reason:

1)I got drunk tonight
2)months ago I got drunk and fucked up the screen of my camera.

So now that you knpw how I win everyday at life(google sarcasm), here is the recipe....

the Sauce:
1/4 cup vinegar. Apple cider or brown rice preferably. But any light vinegar will do. (If you think balsalmic vinegar would be ok, chance are you have no idea about the different types of vinegars and the process and history of them. I envy you.)
2 Tbl. Tomato paste
1Tbl. Lime or Lemon juice
4 Tbl. any hot sauce ( you know what tastes good to you. Though if you use minor threat hot sauce I give you the credit that my once straightedge heart could give)
2 Tbl. Bragg's or soy sauce
6Tbl. sugar
a few dashes of crushed red pepper

the stir-fry:
whatever tastes good to you. I suggest tofu, broc., red pepper, carrots and buttload of onions, garlic and ginger. + tofu

noodle:
rice or wheat noodles

First Step, boil water and cook noodles. I trust you. YOU CAN DO IT!

This is probably the simplest recipe I'll ever post because beyond what I just wrote everything is up to you. Well in the end everything is up to you because I totally support the idea of modifying any recipe I post to fit your taste and eating habits. But for this recipe just add all of the ingredient of the sauce together stir together until the sugar dissolves. Cook your stir-fry like normal. Cooking the veggie for the right time(if anyone needs to know when the right time is for a veggie let me know and ill help you.) And when you are getting that golden point add the mixture and let the sauce and veggies+ cook together for just about five minutes.

After that serve the stir-fry over the noodles and enjoy.

NOTE: depending on how you enjoy oriental food you can add a bit of corn starch to thicken the sauce. I personly like my sauce to be watery when served over noodles so its more soup like. Like all my recipes, you should modify things based off of your taste because in the end that the only thing that matters in a kitchen.

/end drunk post

What the future holds; things I hate when cooking, things I love, stories of working in the restaurant world and how I can be pumped but finallt getting a rolling pin.

Alan!Face

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are fucking adorable.
and i really only keep you around because you're such a good cook.



.....lies.